Custard Apple (Sitaphal) Fruit Plant
- Dispatch in 5-8 days
- Plant Name: Custard Apple (Sitaphal) Fruit Plant
- Family: Annonaceae Family
- Other’s name: Sugar apple , bullock’s-heart & Sitaphal
- Native: South America and West Africa
- Botanical Name: Annona reticulata
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Type: Fruit plant
- Suitable Location: Garden & Outdoors
- Container Type: Medium to large pots
- Maximum Height: 5-6 m
- Bloom time: Summer, Spring
- Plants height with pot is 1-2 feet and pot size is 5 inches diameter.
The Custard apple plant could be a small trees or shrubs. These are very fast growing and easier to take care of than domestic fruit trees.
The fruits vary in form, heart-shaped, spherical, rectangular or irregular. The flavor of the fruit is nice and pleasant. Custard apple plant has fruits with sweetish, custardlike flesh, creamy white.
The leaves are leathered or bushy and are typically ovate with smooth margins. The unusual flowers feature six to eight fleshy curved petals in 2 whorls. This can be a small deciduous or semi-evergreen tree.
|Sugar apple , bullock’s-heart & Sitaphal
|South America and West Africa
|Season of fruit
|August to October
|Feng Shui & Air cleaner
|Yellow to Evergreen
STEPS OF PLANTING CUSTARD APPLE FRUIT PLANT
- Plant in rainy season.
- Seed should be planted horizontally, two – three cm deep at a distance of 1.5 cm during a smart quality seed mix.
- You can begin to plant Custard apple plant from seeds or cutting.
- You should place your Custard apple plant on the south facing window, so the seeds get many heat and lightweight.
- Always select loamy and good drainage soil.
- Dig the hole around a minimum of 2 or 3 inches deep. Place the seed within the hole and fill it.
- Water the seeding plant with a mister to keep the soil wet but not soaking.
- Fertilize this plant during the most growing season (June-July) with organic fertilizer.
- Poke your finger into the soil to check the wetness. Water once topsoil (1-2inches) feels dry to the touch.
CUSTARD APPLE FRUIT PLANT CARE
- Put the container in an area with full sun and protection from wind.
- This plant can grow best in temperature between 73 to 94 F.
- Water every two to four time weeks to stay the soil from drying out fully.
- Feed every six to eight weeks with soluble chemical that is for fruit trees.
- Keeps the wetness level high around the custurd fruit tree for best growing.
- Mulching prevents water evaporating quickly and conjointly helps keep the roots away from frost throughout cold winters.
- You should be able to harvest the custurd fruit tree after three to four years.
- Avoid places where you have grown brinjal, capsicum, tomatoes and potatoes to avoid infection with microorganism wilt.
- Do not provide them over water.
- Do not provide them over chemical.
- Don’t harvest randomly however rather select the mature and totally ripe fruits.
- This is a low-growing semi-deciduous tree or large bush.
- Leaves are dark green on the top and light-weight blue-green on the face with sleek edges.
- The leaves are simple, alternate, elliptical and 5-10 cm long with 3-5 cm width.
- The flowers are unerect, axillary, hermaphrodite and frequently solitary.
- The fruits are oval shaped, from five to twelve cm in diameter of green-yellowish color.
- Fruit is externally the union of the carpels is lax. The pulp is white or yellowish between binding carpels with several seeds.
- Custard apple fruit plants seeds are oblong, black and shiny.
- The fruits change color from light-weight green to grey green.
- The custard apple fruit will come after three to four years from planting it.
- The custard apple fruit tree’s life expectancy is around fifteen years.
- Sitafal fruit tree seeds are toxic and mildly poisonous, it will make you sick or can even kill you.
USES OF CUSTARD APPLE FRUIT PLANT
- Custard apple fruit is also high in potassium and magnesium that protects from heart attack.
- This fruit contain anti-oxidants like vitamin C, that helps to fight free radicalsin our body.
- Custard Apple conjointly helps to reduce inflammation within the body.
- Custard apple fruit keeps your hair and skin healthy.
- This fruit is additionally known to be nice for eyes, and cures eyes problem.
- It makes our bones healthy.
- Custard apple leaves has the presence of fibers and antioxidants it’ll help in the regulation of sugar within the body.
- You should close the custard apple in a tent throughout the winter season. During the winter, water every two to four weeks.
- Water the custard fruit tree each week or whenever the soil starts to dry out whereas the tree is actively growing.