Gerbera Daisy Flower Plant is a bright, colorful flowering plant. This can be a really attractive and beautiful plants. Gerbera Daisy Flower Plant could be a genus of flowering plants in the “family Asteraceae”. It was described In 1889 by J.D. Hooker in Curtis’s Botanical Magazine.
This flowering plant is native to South America, Africa and Asia. Daisy Flower Plant is relatively simple to grow. This flowering plant comes in several colors that include Yellow, pink, orange, red.
This plant has large flowers (3 to 4 inch) same as sunflower. Daisy flowers have long, narrow petals. Daisy bring beauty and life back in your garden. This plants textures and colors are so rich. This is a good for first time gardener.
Econut natural plant provides you Gerbera Daisy Flower Plant in affordable ranges and good quality.
||African Daisy, Transvaal Daisy, Barberton Daisy
||Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Yellow, White.
||Mexico and Central America
||March to May
STEP OF PLANTING GERBERA DAISY FLOWER PLANT
- In early spring is that the best time to plant this plant. Propagate them indoor and then transplanting them outside in late spring.
- You should easily propagate this plant by seeds and cutting.
- Choose a container or pot with good drainage. And fill with Rich, moist, well-drained soil.
- Dig a ¼ inch hole. Place a seed in each hole. Cover with soil.
- Cut 7 to 8 cm long stem with two or three nodes by sharp knife.
- Dig around 2 to 4 inches hole. Set this plant horizontally in the hole.
- Fill each hole with the soil and press it gently down.
- Gerbera Daisy Flower Plant start blooming after 1 year planting.
- Water the soil thoroughly to settle.
- Feed plants every two weeks with a water-soluble fertilizer.
GERBERA DAISY FLOWER PLANT CARE
- Daisy Flower Plant prefers very well in a soil which is Rich, moist, well-drained.
- Water them frequently.
- Daisy Flower Plant is sun loving plant, Give them minimum 6 hour direct sun light.
- Try to maintain the temperature between 40 °- 70° F.
- Main tain the soil pH between 5.5 to 6.5.
- You can remove the faded flowers and damaged leaves.
- Use a water-soluble fertilizer that s rich in potassium and phosphorous in every 15 days.
- Use neem oil for prevent pests and insects attack.
- Do not keep this plant wet during active growth.
- Not to cut off more than a third of the stem.
- Do not give them over water.
- Do not re pot Gerbera Daisy Flower Plant 15 days after receiving it.
- This plants have bold and beautiful Daisy flower .
- Flowers are used on festival or occasion for decoration.
- Daisy flower plant is a bright, colorful flowering plant.
- The Daisy flower plant can be no toxic.
- It’s flowers are available in white, red, orange, yellow, pink, lilac, purple color.
- Put this plant in a group of 3 or 4 plants and see how fast and brilliantly they grow. Daisy flower plant cannot grow well alone.
- This plant is varying in colours, sizes and types.
- Their flowers have mesmerizing fragrance which makes positive effect on the mind.
- Gerbera Daisy Flower Plant can grow 6 to 18 inches tall.
- This plant can live about 3 to 4 years.
USES OF GERBERA DAISY FLOWER PLANT
- Daisy flower used for decoration.
- It acts as air purifier plant.
- This is used to makes your garden extra attractive.
- It is used as ornamental purpose.
- Give extera heat to Gerbera Daisy Flower Plant during winter season.
- Increase water level in summer season and provide a deep watering 2 to 3 times a week during winter or fall.