Mosambi (Sweet Lime Plant) is a fruit plant of “Rutaceae family”. This plant is native to India. Mosambi fruit has been used and popular in Indian for ages. The test of this fruit is extremely sweet when mature.
This is a perennial evergreen tree. It can grow in tropical, subtropical atmosphere. These are very fast growing and easier to take care fruit trees. Sweet Lime Plant has irregular branches and brownish-grey bark, relatively smooth.
Mosambi (Sweet Lime Plant) blossoms in late summer or fall. Their leaves are in rounded to oval in green color. Leaves are 6 to 10 cm long and 3 to 5 cm wide. It’s fruit is small and green in color. Fruit has a tough shiny orange skin.
||Citrus limetta, Sweet Lime Plant, sweet lemon, Mousami
|Season of fruit
||20 to 25 feet
||Rounded and oval in green color
STEPS OF PLANTING MOSAMBI (SWEET LIME PLANT)
- October end to January is the best time to plant.
- You can begin to plant mosambi plant from seeds or cutting.
- Always select loamy and good drainage soil.
- The soil pH should be between 6.5 to 7.5 for ideal growth.
- Water once topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to the touch.
- Fertilize this plant during the most growing season once a month.
- Poke your finger into the soil to check the wetness.
MOSAMBI (SWEET LIME PLANT) CARE
- Make sure soil should be well drained and fertile rich in oragnic content.
- Put the container in an area with natural indirect bright Light.
- This plant can grow best in temperature between 20-35 degrees celsius.
- Water every two to four time weeks to stay the soil from drying out fully.
- Feed with organic fertilizer once a month during growing season.
- When a mosambi plant outgrows in current pot, Re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- You should be able to harvest the mosambi fruit after three to four years.
- Do not provide them over water.
- Do not provide them over chemical.
- Don’t harvest randomly however rather select the mature and totally ripe fruits.
- Mosambi are rich in nutrients and are very beneficial for our body
- This is a slow-growing semi-deciduous tree or large bush.
- Mosambi is a perfect plant for outdoor.
- This fruit gives you strengthfull Hair.
- This fruit plant can reach a height of up to 20 to 25 feet.
- The fruits change color from light-weight green to orange.
- The Mosambi fruit will come after three to four years from planting it.
- Mosambi fruit tree’s life expectancy is around 20 years.
- Leaves are 6 to 10 cm long and 3 to 5 cm wide.
- Flowers are white with exellent fragrance.
USES OF MOSAMBI (SWEET LIME PLANT)
- Mosambi juice is a rich source of vitamin C.
- Fruit juice Promotes Healthy Skin and hair.
- Mosambi fruit uses to Boosts Energy.
- Sweet lime plant fruit good for Eyes.
- It Helps in Digestion.
- It is also good for pregenant women.
- Gives you strong Bones.
- It reduces muscle cramps.
- Water the mosambi plant tree each week or whenever the soil starts to dry out whereas the tree is actively growing.
- You should close the mosambi plant in a tent throughout the winter season. During the winter, water every two weeks.