Sweet Basil Plant are a good indoor plant and look elegant in containers and gardens. This plant may be a simple to grow and delicious to eat. Sweet basil plant is one of the most common varieties of basil.
Their branches grow in pairs opposite of one another. The stems are sometimes woody close to the bottom and thin out close to the ends. The basil grows from square, furry stems.
Sweet Basil Plants leaves are shiny green in look. Its leaves are massive and aromatic. Basil leaves are solid and rectangular with a point at the end. The leaves also are grown in pairs opposite of one in an alternative. The white spiked blooms seem at the end of the season. These flower spikes manufacture seeds.
||Great basil, Sabja Plant
||Full sun light
||Pink, Purple, White
||Central Africa to Southeast Asia
||Around 1000 to 1500 years
STEP OF PLANTING SWEET BASIL PLANT
- You should plant Sweet Basil Plant 6 weeks before the last spring frost.
- Choose the moist, rich, well-drained soil with a pH of 6 – 7.
- Choose a location that gets 6 to 8 hours of full sun daily.
- You should plant Sweet Basil Plant by cutting and by seed.
- Plant seeds about ¼-inch deep and 10 inches apart.
- Cover the seeds with just the slightest amount of soil.
- Water this plant regularly.
- You should add good amount of organic compost.
SWEET BASIL PLANT CARE
- Sweet basil plant is sun loving plant, it prefers best in 4-5 hour full sun.
- Give them water moderately.
- Try to maintain the temperature between 60 F to 90 F.
- Sweet basil plant required organic Fertilizer.
- Remove the dead or damaged leaves and stems from this plant.
- You should use Neem oil or Eucalyptus oil for fight against insect or pest attack.
- Give them regular water during summer.
- Do not prune this plant because this is very small plant.
- Avoid over water.
- Do not fertilize sweet basil plant very much.
- Sweet Basil Plant is used as a culinary herb.
- Basil plant is a versatile, wildly popular, fragrant herb plant.
- Sweet Basil Plant is annual, aromatic plant with a spicy odor and flavor.
- The plant also looks elegant in gardens and containers.
- Sweet Basil Plant is a low maintenance plant.
- Basil plant smells wonderful and tastes even better.
- Sweet Basil plant is easily dried for storing and future use.
- Basil leaves are important ingredient in cough syrups.
- Their leaves are used as an anti-stress agent.
- Tomatoes plant is great neighbor for this plant.
USES OF SWEET BASIL PLANT
- It is used to give flavor in soups, tomato dishes, meat etc..
- Make a juice of basil leaves and mix honey, taken daily for 6 months it will remove the stone by urinary.
- Basil leaves are used in fever.
- You should chew basil leaves, it can relieve you from colds and flu symptoms.
- Sweet Basil Plant can be used to strengthen your kidneys.
- If you chew 10 – 12 leaves of this plant twice a day, it will prevent your stress.
- Sweet Basil Plant helps to treat rashes and skin diseases during summer.
- You may move this plant indoors if it’s growing in a pot during the winter season.
- Reduce the water in winter and rainy season.
- You should water the soil immediately after using the any fertilizer.