The Codiaeum Mammy, also known as Codiaeum variegatum in Latin, Croton Mammy, or if you like, Mammy Croton. There are several varieties of Crotons with brilliantly colored leaves, the Mammy cultivar being the smallest of them.
This plant also known as Codiaeum variegatum in Latin. The croton plant to expansive trees that reach the tall ceiling of an office campaign, this plant offerings allow us the capacity to grant life to an insides scene.
||Grown for foliage
||Repot as needed
||Any organic fertilizer
HOW TO PLANT CROTON MAMMY?
- A Croton plant does well in the soil of any pH level and must have well-draining soil.
- A potting mix rich with peat moss or humus is ideal.
- You should use a good quality granular fertilizer or a liquid fertilizer.
- The Croton Mammy requires a warm humid environment with temperatures ranging from 60-80℉.
- The Codiaeum Mammy loves good lighting. Mammy Croton leaves need bright but indirect light for them to properly show off their hues of color.
- Full sun to partly shaded position in the garden.
- Hardy shrub suited to most conditions and coastal plantings.
- Plant in a free draining soil rich in organic matter.
HOW TO CARE CROTON MAMMY PLANT?
What to do
- Mammy does well in partial shade to full sun. For the best leaf color.
- The ideal humidity level is between 40% and 80%. Regular watering is essential, do not overwater.
- The best type of climate needed for the Croton Mammy plant to grow and thrive is in tropical weather. This plant loves humidity and hot air and sunlight.
- Trimming is only needed occasionally to keep the plant’s size in check.
- Fertilize 3 times a year – once each in spring, summer, and autumn with a quality granular fertilizer.
- Prune Mammy to preserve an attractive shape and keep its estimate beneath control.
- The perfect time to repot the plant is in late spring, towards the end of the growing season.
What to do Not
- Do not overwater.
- Water cannot stay around the roots.
- The Croton Mammy is a tropical plant, so it’s not built to stand extreme hot or cold weather
- Check daily to make sure the soil is lightly moist. You should see new growth within a month.
- Take a cutting about 6” inches to a foot long and remove all of the bottom leaves.
- Live plant along with a plastic pot
- The Codiaeum Mammy is an evergreen shrub
- Useful for tabletop plants and gift plants, beds & ground covers
- Overall Size: 24 inches to 28 inches tall including the 10 inch planter.
- It has shiny evergreen, broad, large, thick, leathery leaves which are alternately arranged.
- This plants are popular because of their stunning colors.
- Mammy is characterized by curling, twisting, upright foliage
- This is a brilliantly colored, small variety of crotons,
USE OF CROTON MAMMY
- Perfect for any dark areas of the garden that need a splash of color.
- May be displayed outdoors in warmer weather.
- Wonderful for combination plantings.
- Makes a nice windowsill plant.
- This is perfect for all kinds of containers
- the oil from seed was used medicinally as a purgative.
- You should locate this plant where it receive six to eight hours of bright sun light.
- The growing zones for this plant are 9-11 if it is indoor and 4-11 if it outdoors.