The Spider Plant (Chlorophytum) is a species of “asparagus” family. They are native to South and West Africa. Spider plants have been introduced into Europe by the end of the 18th century.
This is one of the easiest indoor plants to maintain and care. The spider plant is wonderful and popular house plant. This plants have very unique look. This plant produces a cluster of foot-long leaves. Their leaves are long, thin, arched.
Spider plant has ability to remove harmful toxins from the air. It has ability to remove formaldehyde from the air. It can remove harmful benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene toxins.
||Indoor plants, Perennial flowering plant
||Spider ivy, Ribbon plant, and Hen and Chickens
||Bright indirect sunlight or Partial shade
||Tropical and Southern Africa
||long, thin, arched
- This is an easy to care and low maintenance plant.
- Spider plant is best indoor plant for low light condition
- This is an attractive foliage plant.
- Spider plant is an excellent indoor as well as an outdoor plant.
- Spider plant is best for AC rooms, office desk.
- This plant is good as a hanging basket plant.
- Spider plant is nice decorative foliage plants.
- Spider Plant produces more fresh and pure oxygen.
- This Plants are non-toxic, it is safe for pets and young children.
- The spider plant can remove or cleans several toxins from the air.
STEP OF PLANTING SPIDER PLANT
- Spring time is the best time to plant Spider Plant (Chlorophytum).
- For planting this plant choose a pot with a drainage hole within the bottom.
- Growing this plant from cuttings is comparatively simple.
- You should always use a well-draining and Loamy potting combine.
- Spider plant desires indirect and steady daylight.
- Feed them with any organic fertilizer.
- Keep this plant wherever the humidity level higher.
- Pruning the leaves around the edge of the plant.
- Spider plants will live for more than 50 years.
SPIDER PLANT CARE
- Try to maintain the temperature between 18-32 degrees Celcius.
- Keep the plant natural indirect bright Light.
- Allow the soil dry out before watering.
- Always maintain the humidness level.
- Water once the highest 2 to 3 inches of soil are dry.
- Fertilize every 2 weeks during spring through summer with a organic or liquid fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged spider plant parts.
- Spray with neem oil or Citrus oil for any insect or pest attack.
- Re-pot spider plant with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- You should reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Do not keep spider plant in soggy soil.
- Do not offer them over water.
- Avoid over fertilizing.
- Do the re-potting late evening.
USES OF SPIDER PLANT
- Spider Plant (Chlorophytum) is a best as a potted plant and in hanging basket plant.
- This plant remove harmful chemicals from the air like formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, xylene, and toluene.
- Spider plant can help to relieve stress and improve concentration.
- It is used to decorate your living area or working area.
- Protect spider plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage the leaves.
- Put your index finger into the soil to check the moisture.
- The watering schedule of spider plant can vary for you depending on your home environment, kind of soil combine, and pot size.
There are no reviews yet.