Philodendron Selloum Plant is a one of the most popular verites of philodenron. Philodendron is a species within the family “Araceae”. It is a tropical American climbing plant which is widely grown as an indoor plant.
This plant is native to South America. The leaves are shiny, large and deeply lobed in dark green color. This plant can produce aerial roots that absorb water and nutrients.
Philodendron Selloum Plant is eye-catching plant. It can also remove harmful toxins from air and give fresh oxigen.
||Lacy tree philodendron, Selloum, Horsehead philodendron
||5.0 to 6.0
||Shiny, Large and Deeply lobed
STEP OF PLANTING PHILODENDRON SELLOUM PLANT
- Late fall through early spring(March) is the best time to plant philodendron plant.
- This plant can easily grow from stem cuttings.
- Cut the stem between 2 nodes with sharp and clean knife.
- Use a container or pot with drainage holes.
- You should use well drained and fertile soil for growing Philodendron plant.
- Insert the stem cutting deeply in the soil.
- Place the container or pot where the temperature is between 21 °C to 24 °C.
- Cover the pots with plastic to maintain humidity.
- Re-pot with recent potting soil and a few plant food, when a plant outgrows in current pot.
PHILODENDRON SELLOUM PLANT CARE
- Place this plant outdoor or outdoor with bright indirect natural light.
- Keep the plant in 20 to 30 degree Celsius temperature.
- 2-3 hours morning sunlight is good for this plant.
- Water when the topsoil feels dry to touch.
- Feed with organic fertlizer in April – August.
- Remove infected, dead or damaged plant parts.
- After repotting, keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days.
- You should use pests and diseases management chemical.
- For primary treatment, use Neem oil to control pest and diseases.
- This plant prefers best in high humidity levels.
- Do not put this plant in direct sunlight place,it can damage leaves.
- Do not overwater this plant.
- Avoid over feeding.
- This is one of the famous decorative and home plants in our house and office.
- Philodendron selloum plants can live for more than 15 years.
- This plant produce flowers after 15 years.
- Philodendron Selloum plant can grow 8 to 10 feet tall and 6 feet wide.
- This is a perennial bushy plant.
- Philodendron Selloum plants are harmful for mice, rats.
- This is a very poisonous houseplant for pets.
- Philodendron Selloum plants remove harmful chemicals from the air.
- Too much light can burns their leaves.
PHILODENDRON SELLOUM PLANT USES
- This plant used as an air purifier plant.
- Philodendron Selloum plants makes your garden attractive for guest.
- It will remove nasty toxin like formaldehyde.
- Frequently check the moisture level.
- Reduce watering in winter and rainy season, Water thoroughly during the summer.
There are no reviews yet.