Areca palm may be a species of the family “Arecaceae”. This plant is native to Madagascar. This plant can add a tropical feel to your home. It’s a standard decorative in subtropical and tropical regions around the world.
This is a one of the best houseplants for removing all indoor air toxins. NASA suggested areca palm as an air purifying plant. The mature areca plant looks like a large bush which will reach 20 feet tall and spread around 5-10 feet.
The Areca palm very rarely flowers. Some time it’ll produce little bright yellow flowers. Their leaves are narrow and long.
||Bamboo palm, Butterfly palm, Golden cane palm, Yellow palm
|Season of flower
|Feng Shui & Air cleaner
||Long and narrow green
STEP OF PLANTING ARECA PLANT
- Spring season is the best season to plant areca plant.
- You should propagate this palm tree by seeds and cutting.
- Choose the area with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light
- This plant does not required big pot. You should feel the small to medium pot with well drained and fertile soil.
- Use a sharp knife to cut stems and place the stem in standard potting mix.
- If you want to propagate this plant by seeds than dig 1/2 inch deep. Place the seed within the hole and fill it.
- Seeds take about 1 month to germinate.
- Water your plants thoroughly, make sure to let any excess water.
- Keep this pot in bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
ARECA PLANT CARE
- Try to maintain the temperature between 21-29 C.
- Water Areca plant when the 1-2 inch on pot feels dry to touch.
- Keep the soil moist in spring and summer, and allow the soil to dry between waterings in fall and winter season.
- Feed the Areca palmt with organic fertilizer once a month in April – August.
- You should also use a liquid houseplant fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts from the Areca plant.
- Re pot this plant with fresh potting soil and some fertilize.
- You can also use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil in case of pest and insect attack or disease.
- Do not keep the plant at direct sunlight site as it can cause damage the leaves.
- Not to keep this plant near the AC.
- Do not overwater the Arica plant.
- Do not re-pot this plant before maturity.
- Areca palm can absorbs Indoor Air-Pollutants.
- This plant give more Oxygen.
- Areca palm Helps in Decreasing Stress.
- This is a perfect Feng Shui Plant.
- This is a beautiful housing plant.
- Areca palm can Improves Air Humidity.
- Areca plant can live for 10 years.
- This is a non-toxic plant, so it is safe for pets.
- Areca palms develop best from a south or west-facing window.
- Due to over watering or less watering to plant the leaves of areca plant turns into yellow or brown.
ARECA PLANT USES
- Areca plant is used for decorate your Garden, house or office.
- This plant is used as an air purifying plants.
- Areca plant absorb Carbon dioxide and give fresh and pure Oxigen.
- It will absorb all the toxins and make air clean and fresh.
- Reduce watering in winter and rainy season and water thoroughly in the summer.
- When you re-pot the plant, than after keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then you put pot in their actual place.
- Poke your finger into the soil and check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
There are no reviews yet.