Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum Plant)
- Plant Type: Flowering plant
- Suitable Location: Indoor
- Plant Height: 30 cm
- Maintenance: Low
- Best For: House, Bed room & Office
Peace lily is a flowering plant of the “Araceae” family. First time this plant was introduced into Europe in 1870. This plant is very attractive and low maintenance plant.
This plant is Great for beginners because it is easy to planting and caring plant. Peace lily will also help filter the surrounding air of various toxins.
Pease lily plant produces long, lance-like leaves. Leaves are glossy and dark green. It’s flower has an attractive feature. There flowers come in Creamy-White color in spring season.
|Tropical regions of the Americas and southeastern Asia
|5.8 to 6.5
|Long, glossy and dark green
STEP OF PLANTING PEACE LILY PLANT
- Spring is that the best time to plant peace lily plant.
- Choose a container or pot with good drainage. And fill with good quality, well-drained and rich in organic content soil.
- Peace lily plant easily grown by the division.
- Dig around 4 inches hole. And place this plant. Fill each hole with the soil and press it gently down.
- Water the soil thoroughly to settle.
- Feed this plant with organic fertilizer in growing season (Feb to May).
- Their harvesting season is summer.
PEACE LILY PLANT CARE
- Peace Lily plants prefers very well in a soil which is well drained, fertile, and rich in organic matter.
- Water them frequently.
- Give them Natural indirect / artificial bright light.
- You can remove the dead, infected flowers and damaged leaves.
- Put about three inches of mulch around the plant to keep the roots cool and moist.
- Apply 3 cup of water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Feed peace lily plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Divide your plants in every 3 to 4 years for new growth in spring season.
- Do not keep this plant wet during active growth.
- Not to cut off more than a third of the stem.
- Do not give them over water.
- Never allow the plant to stand in water.
- This plant is one of the rarest indoor flowering plant.
- This is a perfect air purified plant.
- Peace lily plant is an easy to care and low maintenance house plant.
- This plant is best for decorate house or office.
- North or West facing windows or area is best place to keep this plant.
- Peace lily plant can grow between1 to 4 feet tall.
- Spathiphyllum Plant life expectancy is between three to five years.
- The peace lily is one great flower plant among the lily family.
USES OF PEACE LILY PLANT
- Peace lily plant absorbs acetone vapors.
- It will promotes you restful sleep.
- Peace lily plant is used to add beauty in your room.
- This plant use as an ornamental plant for the office.
- Frequently check the moisture level.
- Divide this plant after 3-4 years planting for more growing.