This palm has been very popular in India as an indoor plant. It is also known as Chinese Fan, this perennial indoor-outdoor plant has slow growth. It has fan-shaped leaves and hook-shaped thorns, good for slightly more open spaces. Growing umbrella palms from cuttings typically is not difficult. Umbrella plant is propagated by dividing the roots and requires copious amounts of water.
||Apply any organic fertilizer
|Max reachable height
||Up to 12 m
|Difficulty to grow
||Easy to medium
||Table palm, Footstool Palm, Round Leaf Fan Palm, Serdang, Umbrella palm
||Easy to Medium
||Full Sun, Partial Shade
HOW TO PLANT TABLE PALM?
- Table palm can grow into the pot when young stage.
- Just take a 4- to 6-inch cutting and suspend it upside down in water. Roots will develop and you’ll put the unused plant in soil.
- This plant likes moist and warm in slightly acidic soil.
- Use potting mix as the soil, vermi compost, and coco peat.
- Temperature 20 to 30 degree C.
- Keep the plant in partial shade in the growing season.
- As an indoor plant, the tabletop palm doesn’t require fertilizer, but you may choose to use a pH-balanced (20-20-20) liquid fertilizer about once per month
- Palm plants are tolerant of being under-watered, but they will grow their best when watered on a regular basis.
HOW TO CARE TABLE PALM PLANT?
Care for an umbrella plant inside takes after that of open air plants but is additionally comparative to any tropical houseplant. The most concern around Cyperus houseplants is the dampness level and consistency. The umbrella houseplants must never be permitted to dry out. It is easy to care ornamental plants.
What to do
- Prune the lower leaves which turn brown.
- Apply organic fertilizer in early monsoon and spring season.
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Indoor palm plants require warm temperatures.
- Divide your houseplant every three years.
- Place the palm tree in an area of your home that is not overly dry.
- It is important to cut dead stems.
- Apply a half weakening of fertilizer once per month amid the developing season.
What to do Not
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
- Never be positioned this plant in direct sunlight.
- Avoid waterlogging conditions
- Do not let the soil dry out
- Avoid using air-conditioners or de-humidifiers.
- Do not feed them in winter season.
- Live plant along with a plastic pot
- Plants nature is indoor or outdoor
- This plant is native to Madagascar
- This palm has relatively shallow lobed leaves.
- Natural Live Plant With Pot
- Plant height – 4 to 12 inch
- Umbrella Palm plant is a low caring live palm plant
- Useful for garden, landscaping & entrance grows up to 10 feet
- Parent palm has more deeply divided leaves with long lance shaped segments.
USE OF TABLE PALM
- It is used for ornamental container and specimen plant.
- It’s make precious atmosphere.
- Umbrella plants are adaptable almost watering, but more tolerant of dry soil than overwatering.
- Make cuts to break up denser clumps and to form the plant show up more indeed.
- Cutting houseplants can be fulfilled by cutting off the tops of the most elevated stalks around an inch 2.5 cm.
There are no reviews yet.