Litchi Plant is a member of “Sapindaceae family”. It is native to the Guangdong and Fujian provinces of southeastern China. This plants are evergreen and decorative. The litchi plant is small fruit plant.
Litchi fruit shape is round and the surface is rough. It is approximately 1 to 1.5 inches wide. When the fruits will be mature, it be brown or red. The fruit is white pulpy in inside. Seed is found inside this pulp.
The bark of litchi tree is grey in color and branches are brownish red. Leaves are long (12.5-20 cm) and pinnate. Leaf is smooth, glossy, and dark-green.
||Fruit tree, Perennial
||Inside – Pinkish-white color
Out side – Dark red
||5 to 5.5
||White, yellow, green
STEP OF PLANTING LITCHI PLANT
- Aug to Sept is the best time to plant lichi plant.
- Litchi plant can propagated by seeds or cuttings.
- Take moist, fertile, rich in organic content and well drained soil to plant.
- Take cuttings with several growth nodes attached and remove the leaves.
- Gently press the cutting in to pot.
- If you want to plant by seeds then sprout seeds and cover them with soil.
- Keep the pot or container where the temperature is around 77 degrees.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Feed them with organic fertilizer in June-July.
LITCHI PLANT CARE
- Give them 5 – 6 hours of direct bright sunlight a day.
- Try to maintain humidity level.
- This plant like 24 degrees C temperature.
- Feed them with organic fertilizer.
- Remove dead or damaged part of litchi tree.
- This plant has a Pest problem like aphids, fungal. Protect your plant by pest control liquid.
- Avoid creating waterlogged conditions.
- Do not give them over fertilize.
- Litchi plant is one of the most divine fruit tree.
- It can reach 11–28 metres in height.
- Litchi fruit has unique or sweet taste and fragrant.
- This fruit has anti-inflammatory agent.
- Litchi tree has short trunk covered with smooth, grey or black bark.
- Their Flowers have fragrant and they are attract by bees.
- Litchi fruit is rich source of fibers.
- It’s fruit contain toxic compounds.
- Litchi fruit control the symptoms of breast cancer.
USES OF LITCHI PLANT
- Litchi plant is good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin B-complex.
- It may improve heart health.
- It will increase the production of blood.
- Litchi fruit decrease skin ageing and blemishes. And give you clear and healthy skin.
- It will improved the kidney function.
- Reduce watering during the winter and fall season. Water daily in summer.
- Put this plant in warm place during winter season.
There are no reviews yet.