Giloy Plant (Tinospora Cordifolia) is a herbaceous plant of “Menispermaceae family”. This plant is native to tropical areas of India, Myanmar and Sri Lanka. Giloy has been utilized and supported in Indian medication for ages.
In Ayurveda, giloy is considered one of the most excellent medication to treat different fevers and other conditions. It is known as “Amrit”. Giloy is one of the most herbs with a bitter taste.
This plant may be a deciduous, extensively-spreading, huge, climbing bush with a few stretched twining branches. Giloy plant is fundamentally a climber with powerless juicy stems. The stem is whitish to grey in shade.
||Medical plant, Vine
||Gurjo, Heart-leaved moonseed, Guduchi
||Yellow or Green
||Shiny, heart shaped green leaves
STEP OF PLANTING GILOY PLANT (TINOSPORA CORDIFOLIA)
- May to July is the best month to plant giloy plant.
- You should propagate this plant by seeds and cutting.
- Choose sandy, loamy soil which is rich in organic matter,
- Take 8 to 10 inches long stem cutting from mature giloy plant.
- Gently place the stem 2 inches deep of pot.
- Water this plant two or three time per week.
GILOY PLANT (TINOSPORA CORDIFOLIA) CARE
- The giloy plant loves sunlight and warmth.
- You should water it once per week. The soil ought to be allowed to dry between each watering session.
- August to September is the time of harvesting.
- You should use pests and diseases management chemical.
- Give them organic Fertilizer.
- Remove dead or damaged plant parts.
- Avoid chemical fertilizers.
- Avoid creating waterlogged conditions.
- It has heart- formed and shinning green leaves.
- A Giloy plant bears flowers of are little, yellow or green coloured happen in clusters and have six sepals.
- It can be used in either a powdered form, juice & capsules shape.
- Giloy plant can help you manage diabetes.
- This plant has capacity to detoxify your liver and help in appropriate working.
- Giloy plant is considered one of the most excellent medication.
- Giloy fruits are greenish drupes which can commonly seen in winters.
- Over dose of giloy might cause migraine or nasal pain in a few people.
- Too much giloy is not good for pregnant lady or the lady who want to become pregnant.
USES OF GILOY PLANT (TINOSPORA CORDIFOLIA)
- Giloy is anti-inflammatory, that decrease chronic and repetitive fever properties.
- It is used to treat dengue fever.
- Giloy plant helps to boost your immunity.
- This is great for control diabetes level.
- Giloy helps in control high blood pressure.
- Giloy Reduces digestion related problems.
- This will keep your heart healthy.
- Giloy helps to treat Asthma.
- Keep your Giloy plants in warm location during winter season.
- You sshould reduce watering during the winter season.